The first event in our North West women’s series is coming up on 8 March 2015 at Pimbo. Entries have now closed, but there will be entries available on the day.
This series is to replace the CDNW women’s league, and will be slightly different this year; for a start, there’s no entry fee, so anybody riding one of the series events will be entered into the series.
The prizes up for grabs are as follows:
- Best Junior (under-18)
- Best Over (either over-35 or over-40, to be confirmed)
- Best Newcomer (aimed at fourth category riders at the start of the 2015 season)
- Most Improved Rider
- Most Impressive Ride
The most improved rider and most impressive ride competitions will not be based on finishing positions, instead they will be awarded to the rider(s) who the judging panel believe to be the most deserving of the awards.
Series points will be awarded as follows for each event:
Anybody who finishes outside of the top 10 will be awarded 1 point. There will be 10 bonus points available for anybody who enters all of the remaining races in the series ( so that is not including Pimbo on 8 March 2015).
For a handy reference, details of the other rounds can be found here:
- 29 March 2015 – THR Racing Capernwray Road Race
- 18 April 2015 – St Helens CRC Bickerstaffe Road Race
- 28 June 2015 – Liverpool Century Pimbo Road Race
- 5 September 2015 – Southport CC Bickerstaffe Road Race
Further details of the prizes up for grabs are currently being finalised. If you would like to support our series by donating a prize, please email email@example.com